CeMAP Home Study Courses
There is always the Catch 22 situation. You know that you want to change career, but you also know that you need to carry on working in your present job to bring in a salary. In an industry such as mortgage advice, to secure a job you must have the CeMAP qualification. Home study is the answer.
CeMAP is one of those qualifications which are ideally suited to studying at home. Not only is it broken in to three modules, CeMAP 1, 2 and 3, but each module is further broken down making it easy to dip in and out of whilst learning.
The ability to study CeMAP at home has many different benefits. Primarily, it allows you to carry on at your present occupation whilst working towards your change of career. In addition, you can work at your pace. There may be times when it simply not practical to study. With CeMAP home study courses you can learn at the pace and times that are convenient to you.
How does CeMAP Home Study work?
Our home study course is modelled on our highly successful CeMAP residential course. You are sent our "Making Sense of Money" guide, essentially this is the IFS Cemap 1 book condensed and in English. Throughout the guide, we have highlighted the key areas to become familiar and learn. Via an internet link we have 9 lessons which correspond to a days training on the residential course. As you will not be present in the classroom the presentations are more fully explained in the slides. At the end of every day's session there are questions to help ensure that you have fully grasped what has been covered within your home study.
One of the advantages of our CeMAP home study courses, is that although we have put them as day lessons, you can view them at your own pace.You can take a break and come back to them at your leisure.
Once you have completed each part of the course, CeMAP 1, 2 & 3, you then use our internet link to 26 complete exams and 10 indicative exams. Indicative means that many of these questions have been used in actual CeMAP exams in the past and could well again. The internet link allows you to practice the exams exactly as they are in the Pearson Vue centres where you take the test.
Throughout your home study period and for an unlimited period, you have access via email to our self study tutors. It might be that there is one area that you find particularly challenging or when doing the indicative exams you simply can't see where the answer is coming from. Contacting us via email means that we can give clear guidance into these areas. Often it is much easier to see a solution than grapple over a telephone with difficult concepts.
To help with the CeMAP home study, we provide a set of revision notes to act as aide memoirs just before taking the exams.
Please note that due to it being a self study course, it is not possible to offer the same guarantees that come with our residential courses.
The home study course is based on our highly successful class based course and comprises of :
- "Making Sense of Money" guide, essentially the IFS manual condensed and in English. This is useful as pre-course reading, guide for further information during the course and as revision notes.
- A series of 9 lessons via internet link with expanded notes. This allows you to take the course at a pace that suits you.
- You also receive a hard copy manual containing a set of "crib notes" which are very useful for revision purposes.
- An internet link with 26 exams, including 10 indicative IFS papers. These are set out in exactly the same format as you will take the actual exams, thereby allowing you to practice in "real test" conditions.
- Our CeMAP home study course covers all 3 exam modules, CeMAP 1 ,2 & 3, and is priced at £199, or £299 for the more popular option which includes unlimited email support.